The NSA drafted three (3) key standards and specifications that will enable rolling out the technical implementation and functions of the NSDI.
- The manner and specification for the capturing of spatial data, including any application for exemption from such manner or specification. Download
- Data quality specification and standard for the purchase, capture, collection, production and dissemination of geospatial data in Namibia. Download
- Metadata specification and standard for capturing and publishing metadata for spatial data and services in Namibia. Download
According to the NSDI policy, standards will be development taking into account any work already done, relating to (Statistics Act 36 (1) (b)):
- The manner and specification for the capturing of spatial data, including any application or exemption from such manner or specification;
- measures relating to the avoidance of duplication of capture and safeguarding the integrity of captured spatial information;
- the sharing and integration of spatial data;
- the capture and publishing of metadata;
- manner and refusal of access to and dissemination of spatial data;
- supply of and accountability for spatial data;
- agreements on the utilization of spatial data;
- maintenance of and reporting on spatial data; and
- security of spatial data; and Additional standards will be developed for:
- (a) Data content standard specifying the data elements to be included;
- (b) Data exchange formats relying on non-proprietary software
- (c) Minimum spatial data quality standards for each dataset for each of the following parameters
- Logical consistency
- Positional accuracy
- Temporal accuracy
- Spatial resolution
- Attribute / semantic accuracy.
- (d) Spatial referencing standard.